Logitech G710+ Warranty not honored due to "unauthorized reseller from Amazon."
This is regarding Order #106-5418742-6535460, a Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard I purchased from amazon.com, the store Outlet Digital.
In short, Logitech will not honor the three-year warranty of this product because I "purchased it from unauthorized reseller from Amazon."
BACKGROUND: The Logitech G710+, being a mechanical keyboard, is supposed to have a long product lifespan, yet key-caps keep breaking off this keyboard. So far I've lost my H-key, My G2 programmable key, My Left-CTRL key and my Number-pad 4 / Left-arrow key. I have contacted Logitech about acquiring or even purchasing replacement key-caps for these keys. Logitech replied that replacement key-caps were unavailable and that my only recourse was to have the keyboard replaced entirely via the warranty. The serial number was marked out (not mentioned in the item listing which claimed "used -- like new") and I had to go through considerable process to get Logitech to take my claim seriously.
I could see Logitech denying the warranty because the keyboard was a refurb (sold to me as "like new", and yet...) but "unauthorized reseller" raises the question of who qualifies as an "authorized reseller". Amazon customers cannot trust Amazon affiliates regarding large ticket items (large ticket for me -- replacement of this keyboard would be a financial hardship) given that parameters of warranties seem to be contingent on whether or not a reseller is "authorized". I suppose one could check before completing any purchase, but this level of vigilance is rather severe for a typical customer.
Had I known that purchasing the product from an Amazon affiliate would invalidate the warranty, I wouldn't have made the purchase. Had I known the keyboard would continue to fall apart after the first key, I wouldn't have made the purchase.
A similar claim regarding failing key-caps can be found here: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-Series-Gaming-Keyboards/G710-broken-keys-from-normal-use-plastic-tops-Where-to-get/td-p/1075449
I found a third party that sells keycaps that are suitable, though I'd have to spend $50 on a full set if I were to attempt to replace them with the proper keys (my H doesn't look like an H anymore). Still, I do not intend on trusting Logitech with large-ticket purchases in the future, considering their warranty policy allows them to arbitrarily refuse a warranty.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Honor my warranty and replace the keyboard; or provide me with a set of non-brittle keycaps.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Gaming Keyboard
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
You May Also Like
- "I purchased through the internet for this set on 7/01/2016.After doing an firmware update,everything seized.Tried on safe mode still no change.Called for a warranty claim,some of the customer care was..."
- "I ordered a charger from them advertised as a "GENUINE Original 60W Apple Macbook Magsafe 2 Charger". Received a generic (generic box, no logo on charger). Emailed them about it..."
- "i have purchased 3 goods on Aug 02 and Aug 03 but none of them received to me. When i check the tracking, i see all my shipments are returned..."
- "On 9/2/12 11:38am, I bought a queen Aerobed at Target, Ca for $216.00. When I opened it later that day for my guests to use, we found it covered with..."
- "I contracted with a company called America's Choice Construction through Thumbtack's website. The CEO of the company had previously spent 10 years in jail for fraud. When I contracted with..."
- "They messed up on my print by adding an apostrophe after my company's logo on 600 shirts. Not only did it take 6 hours to get someone from Claims..."
- "Choxi ripped me off for over 100.00! I kept asking when my items would be shipped and would receive replies from their 'customer service' dept., saying they were doing everything..."
- "We ordered an organic cotton duvet cover for our queen sized bed, and when it came in the mail the tags said that it was queen sized. However, it's so..."
- "We got a bed from Easyhome and a few months later we got bed bugs. We called Easyhome ( Store #202, 9104-118th Ave, Edmonton) They told us to throw the..."